Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Secrets In Working Out Who You Are.




This statement came to my attention. "Having a family member with High Functioning / Autism, watching them grow... I have such high hopes that life is going to be alright...  really believe!!! " You see I had posted a post in the Google Plus Community called "Living With High Functioning Autism" .

The post is connected to an article called "All This Effort Is Worth It". In turn this there is a
connection encouraging people to connect to a newsletter.

The lead in is :
Secrets in working out who you are.  Then working out what values you stand for.  High Functioning Autistics experience some trouble with this.  Hence, why transitioning self into a business may be complicated.


The post starts with
"Having a dream is what the strategies hook onto. Proceeds to go through working backwards from that dream into manageable chunks of workable objectives. "

One day years ago an older lady that I knew through Girl Guides Australia [ the local District Leader] took me aside and explained that I was the type of person who looked out from a mountain peak and saw the ocean way in the distance. I wanted to get to the other side of the horizon though. Believe it.

In order to get to the ocean the realisation that at least one pit stop would be made had finally in my thirties hit home. So I would aim to go to the beach. Walk in the sand at least once. Sit and wait for the moon to rise. Dance along the beach as the waves lapped within my toes. And the very next morning before sunrise have set out to get to the other side of the ocean.  Thing is, until I learned that most people were in the valleys I would struggle with people's energy syphoning games.....And people would confuse, annoy, divert me, mollycoddle me  or just not understand that I was not stupid. Even if I still have left over things from the car accident.

At that stage of my life it was a few years after a truck imploded into the Nissan Urvan I was driving. I was thirty-one then. Now I am in my fifty-fifth year.

 Finally last year I went through a bootcamp Actually a business boot camp that prepares the person to go into any business or venture they care to take on. Learned that the horizon is the dream. Let's use a ten year plan mapping out idea.

 Point one: The horizon is the dream. 10 years. Therefore Getting from the beach front to the horizon was the first step. Not forwards but backwards. Say the seven and a half year step. Also called the objective.

The beach front then was one objective one level [ say level two down from the dream].  What happens now is the once all the levels right to where you are at this very point of time are sorted out begin wading through the notes you have scribbled upon. You see I have not mentioned about the 101 bucket list. Make one.

Now incorporate what you want to do from this list into the objectives to be achieved. Next work out how you are going to get each objective accomplished. These become your strategies. Effectively what is happening is that you are moving from the present day actions onto the next level. Some you will be a bit vage on. Not to worry. Leave these and do not get "fretty", have a hissy fit or melt down.

Somethings are done with joy laughter and ingenuity. Other with planned out intricacy. Believe it, or not, some actually rush to get completed all by themselves. Borrowing a piece from here, and some from there. This level stretches into that level. Hang on that sink hole of frustration from way back was missing this vital ingredient.

Hay, look it works now.

For ease I have copied and pasted the reply that was made in response to the query above.

Believe.  better yet move the belief into a "I know that this is true" phase.  For us the world id changing. The difference now though is life that was meant to be fun  instead of slavish, radically different  instead of just acceptance, has begun to gain momentous change. HFA's have a head start on the transactional stage.

As in instead of one lonely bee wondering what pollen is  HFAs get out there and place the sting into the buzz .  Laugh cause each one of us bees revolutionised the stingers capacity... there is no one shot or rot policy now.  The new design stinger has a multifaceted repeat performance capacity that's accepted formula is infinitesimal.

Simply because each one of has had to accept we are different  [ yet the same] . We are leaders of leaders.  On both the best and worst of humanity.

each of us know a little of some things that may not interest us.  Hit that focus point and all the inconsequential things suddenly have meaning and l revitalised life.  You know the ARRRha moments.

When we work together each we either work together or annoy each other to the extreme.  However, one thing is certain... no one ever forgets our sting!

Keep in touch  cause all that effort is worth it.  Know that that is true.

Kind regards

Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment