Friday, June 20, 2014

Is this life a reality to a High Functioning Autistic person looking for a way out of never ending repeatable action circles?

Are you accepting your circumstances as your reality?  Are you accepting defeat? Do you even know what it is you are accepting or giving up?  These are questions that have become apparent to me once again as I question which side of the mental line I am on. Rather like an umpire deciding where the games lines are going to be moved to today and how many times those lines and goal post will be redirected during the game. Let alone on which field and what game you are playing today.

You have heard of the voice of consciousness?  A parrot on your shoulder?  The voice of reason?  Your unconscious brain not working in harmony with the concious brain.  When you are "Living with High Functioning Autism" there is an extra set of factors influencing your choices and these factors are the greasy oil being poured along the walls of your reality. So much so that each decision is compounded by illusive factors not always known to the unconscious brain.  The reality of this reality is that the subconscious is awash with this greasy oily film - [visual description here].  Now the subconscious has to reach out to the conscious parts of the brain and 'hang on' for dear life.  

Needless to say  that action causes a reaction.  The subconscious brain is a very old part of the humans make-up.  The primary purpose is set to 'protect mode' constantly overriding the sensory overload switch and three things happen here-
  1. Fight
  2. Stay
  3. Flight
.As such it will always try to 'offer' guidance to the conscious brain.  Now what happens when the conscious brain has to carry the subconscious brain?  Okay maybe this does not happen this way scientifically.  The questions still stands as the game plan changes in any game.  However within "My Incredible Journey" somehow the lines and boundaries have constantly changed.  More so since as my life on the Autism Spectrum has been confounded and confused since February 1991 of total memory loss.  That is when a gravel truck with trailer from the Orbost Shire Council impacted onto the right side of the Nissan Urvan I happened to have just started and was changing from first gear to second [ that is travelling at 2 km].  So just casually throw in Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome into the undiagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder and you now have a person [ me] living in a reality that is beautiful and not real.  That was the long term result of an immediate close down switch off effect.  Many years later the actual High Functional Autism trait of a complete meltdown occurred.  At least prior to this melt down I had sort and received assistance from Danny Blackford. assistance - a Behaviour Psychologist.  Danny pre-warned me that these things would keep bubbling up.  Before they got to a melt down go and revisit him.  Both these actions were thankfully done.  At that meltdown point though I was dealing with another kind of pain.  Effectively workplace torture was the trigger factor that lit the keg if which then things imploded.  

Thankfully another trait is the High Functioning Autistic trait of having a high pain threshold combined with repetition factors.  many people see these as just rocking backwards and forwards.  Not so.  How many times have you suddenly become aware that time has moved on and you are still in the same mind space?  Just pushing an online button?  Must admit that the micro blog site Twitter tends to not like this repetitive action. In fact Twitter limit the amount of any straight re tweets that you can have in any one given period without a few tweets of your own going through. Or they suspend your account and that really hurts.
Your reality is being reprogrammed as you read !

Everything that goes into is recorded as true.  The subconscious knows not different. Should you be brought up being a 'victim' mentality then that is what your brain is going to respond to.  The challenge with  High Functioning  Autism is that

a) there is some part of you that remains a child.  You are not totally Autistic  and you are not non-Autistic.  You are somewhere in the middle.. on the Autistic Spectrum.
b) you do but you do not comprehend.  Take reading a book for instance you read every word in that book and have you comprehended what was said.  Are you able to draw from your experiences , skills and knowledge parallels with what is being stated and what needs to be actually done? Is there a time delay factor at play? A bottle neck/  Have you just hit sensory overload?  What is you behaviours like? Is it erratic? Are you driving people crazy while at the same time trying to isolate yourself.

 For myself when I hit this type of thing my survival mode is 'sleep'.  In an emergency though it is different. A cool calm person is switched on and like a person wearing a uniform the job is done. Everyone is safe and through to the end. The precusier is that of irritating head aches,sore eyes, higher blood pressure, extremely variable behaviours and irritated sleep patterns.

Now meltdown can occur.  I deep sleep for a few hours to a days. However this was not always so.  After walking away from the last place of employment it too me a few months of intermittent deep sleep periods but then I slept the days and nights away for about 6 months.  In between times I actually lost time. I do remember still keeping a running journal though and that I found helpful. might not be able to read a lot of what is in there as there are so many different handwritings - even on the same page- even I wonder who wrote them down.

With the total memory loss associated with the Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome what was a normal reality anyway? It took over seven years to feel as though I had walked  a day totally on this earth. Talk about head in the clouds.

Actually writing this I have just realised what our oldest daughter meant when she stated years later that she learned how to cook with a wood fired chip heater as she never knew if I was awake or not.... a matter of survival for her as se was seven and hungry.  Everything had to be cooked from basics since there was no fridge or freezer.  Making the bread was a daily exercise and eveyryone joined in.  Creativity rained [ and so did the flour].  Her Brownie cooking and hostess badge were among the first earned. 

This really has got me thinking about how much was missing as a care giver and a mother to my children as I operated in constant sleep mode. Years later I left driving taxis as I was oncall 120 hours aweek.  Effectively this meant that I was the equilivant of being near dead with alcoloism.  Took a while to realise it and that is when something happened  at work and I left.  I knew at that point of my life I could not be trusted behind a wheel. Literally what was happening again was I was opperating in a near sleep mode.  This I think triggered off the meltdown that did occur.  Read further.

 There were times that I woke up an fed the baby without knowing how it got there.  This at the time I put down to literally sleep walking and bringing the baby to bed with me.  
Please remember that at this point of our lives we were in isolated Victoria mountain rangers.  There were no neighbours and our one trip out with a car would be Sunday to the nearest Church as we home schooled and our oldest child did Lone Brownie Guides  [ 7 year old Girl Scouts] by correspondence.. And a two weekly trip nearly 200km round trip away to go to the library and pick up supplies. If My Husband could not get home due to the weather [ snow, rain, floods or bush fires] we were stuck.

As time went on the next year the two oldest children went to a day school via a bus.  By that time a second car was on the road. Once a week the Brownie Guides was now attended .
 Please note: I have chosen to leave this above revelation in as to show you how memories can surface at the oddest of times when the pathway you are working through does not cause you to go through the firewall of pain.  Welcome to my world.  What you do not see is me actually becoming aware that I  am rocking backwards an forwards while I am struggling to write these thought as well as release the hurt both from remembered pain and the buzzing within my head. The funny thing is I never realised I rocked..... back to proof reading this...and yes I am still rocking back wards and forwards.

On this note after the impact I was still coming out in bruising six weeks later.  I know that date as that is when I finally had a doctors appointment and he reluctantly sent me for a hip xray.  Not because of a car accident [ nor as I was unknowingly pregnant] but because this doctor did not want to waste the Australian health care systems money on someone who was obviously an itinerant foreign worker [ of which we were permanent residences of Australia and we had had a business of painting faces and selling balloons.  Besides the Orbost Shire Hospital had written that my husband had beaten me up.  That was the first I knew about physical violence apparently occurring.  The only physical violence that ever occurred was one Orbost Shire Council truck and trailer driven by a 'permanent drunk' who happened to be related to the policeman on the screen of the accident. Forgive has occurred.  Forget as you see takes a while longer as when you are coming out of that deepest memory loss you are forced to just keep remembering and dealing with the consequences.  You learn to accept the here and now.  Reprogramme the brain to accept what ifs and would it be nice if's is not a survival mode tool.  One of the hardest things for me too do was to sit don and come up with 100 things to include on a bucket list.  To complete the list took weeks.

The reality was that right after impact there were three children between the ages of 7 years and 18 months [they were ours] and one man [ my husband of 12 years] I did not know. Oh and then I was / got pregnant too.  One car [ a Datsun 2000 which is just bigger than a mini minor] two tailors and one totally wreaked Nissan Urvan. Interesting set of circumstances.

 What showed profusely was that the subconscious brain is wired to survive.   Many things are then done on an 'intuitive level'.  You may have done / read / watch / heard about things before and you simply do them and not realise that is what has happened.  Effectively for myself it was a case of bypassing the firewall that now existed between the now and the then.  To access the then I found ways to bypass the firewall of pain.  To go back through pain circumstances is not in a persons wiring apparently.  Think about placing your hand in a flame.  As a youngster you would have become rapidly aware of flames burn. Burns are painful.  The pain threshold developed in people causes you to literally think twice before you re-do that action.

 Then how do people achieve the ability to walk on fire coals with bear feet?  They circumvent the remembered survival pain. The SFM training revived thus far has described how the conscious brain and the subconscious are brought together to work in harmony with each other 
Bringing this to the here and now of about 6 weeks ago this is what I wrote in my virtual journal.   
How badly do you want it?” 

These are powerful words. They say that when there is a time that is right the teacher will come.  For me this teach is an opportunity to learn through a proven educational and resource system. Check out the buttons on the side of this blog.

Please remember that this is posted in retrospect.

"Powerful words that less than twelve hours ago I read. Then since it was after midnight I went to bed. Now it is 5 hours later and I am rereading this email.

Between then and now I have had a major mindset change
.
Here’s the quick version.

One month ago a family friend wanted to borrow my car for 4 days. His had been stolen then written off. The 4 days has turned now into 6 weeks by the time I have access to my car again.
2 days ago a 4x4 drove forward in a car park and badly damaged my vehicles door. Let me put it this way I was prepared to wear the car tyres were but not another car being wrecked on me.
 Today, as in just now, I was re-looking at the explanation of the levels.

 That was it. I am tired of having my back against the proverbial “Out house door”. A decision is now made. I am going to get a personal loan from a financial institution of $11,000.00. This is to make sure that I have access to the complete total Elite system and the Black level commissions for all my life.

 Last night, while walking the dog with a friend and his dog, I heard his business venture. Having spoken with him about what I was doing I realised that there was very subtle and compellingly positive invitations being sent out to trust in his judgement of my capabilities.
 On the surface these sound good. But scratch the surface and it is a one way conversion flow.
Am I prepared to accept this as well.

 The answer is no. This is my life I am talking about. My beliefs I would be giving away once again.

 As part of this belief factor there are two things I am placing on my to do list. Today’s to do list. Over and above the 'Ask, Believe and Receive'. I am actioning this today. I have just written the previous sentences. Here is what is happening. A massive electrical jot has just given me the tingles and it is still occurring. Rushing around and around and through my body, my mind and my belief system. I am literally on fire. The decision I have made: This is the right decision, pathway and journey. I have made.

 I am asking from my bank . A financial institution. For a loan of the finances needed. I am taking ownership of My Incredible Journey. I am finishing what I started. I am grateful for all the lessons I have learned in my life to this date as these are making me move forward in a fully committed belief win my self, trust My Mentor [Mark Ford], My business coach [ Martyn] the SFM and DEA system, resources and training.

Most of all trust myself, my judgements and my integrity at all times. I am tired of working out a way of accepting second best within my life. I do my absolute best at all time And there are those tingles again.

I am placing the code in the [Part 1.4] Product & Pay-Plan Training box. Have just done this. The feeling that I am experiencing is one of remarkable achievement. I am taking my life back. I own my life. Owning my life is my driving force. My motivator. That is what I have been finding, hunting out for for 54 years, 83 days and 1 hours , 10 minutes years. That person who is me , what she can and will be is my driving force. This I know will not change.
No I am NOT

Are you accepting your circumstances as your reality?   NO I am NOT accepting defeat?
 Next thing I am adding to my to do list is today go back to the life style exercise and alter is again adding detail after detail. Then more detail. This reaffirms my living my Laptop Life Style as as this builds into a further reality I do accept it for real. It is there and I will take it into my hands and live the changes unlocked by the ownership of my life, My Journey, My Potential, and My Future."

The only problem to all this was reality.  Parrots and the High Functioning Autistic tenancies kicking in.  

Yip there was sensory overload kicking right in on top of the bottle nose effect.  I wanted to cry.  Never once give up though. Nor did I doubt that this is what was meant to be happening..
I knew what I had read.  Intuitively knew what I was seeing.  Understood at some profound level what was happening.  Had a ball just trying to imagine. Has to and still have to fight my way through was is reality and which concept goes where.  Just to find out that what could be  is a possibility if I could understand how things actually word=k.  Forgot to tell you I was stubborn did I not?

Persistence pays off.  Even just doing one thing at a time.  Mark Zuckerman stated something like" Just do little steps each day and soon there are 365 little steps completed"  There is also a 90 day video  challenge coming up.  Tried that video challenge and something was wrong.  A page of wisdom re making video was sent to me.  The word I picked up on was Keywords.  Hitting a brick wall one way I started researching another way... Google broad word search has revelled many things as not the research was unclouded and focused

Having this research happening opened my brain to other circulatory.  Now I find that part of the bottle neck has been allowed to flow through. And yes there is the personal delay factor of approx 8 weeks happening all over again with training repetition and assimilation. And the memory of high school exams and learning procedures.

Now I understand what I am going to be doing. How I am going to do it.  What is practical. Where the focus on mine is going to be. And so many other answers.
That's business and that was going to be ... and was written about is now going to be redone with determination and sent to the appropriate person.  I think you can feel the excitement this end.  The release that has occurred you have been reading about
In summary

Is this life a reality to a High Functioning Autistic person looking for a way out of never ending repeatable action circles?

The simple answer is that with the unmentioned support, friendship and so many other factors  the answer is a positive yes. All it takes is you to realise that you are ready, and that means never giving up on yourself, your mind and your reality change.  If you really want what is there then you will sort things out in order to achieve what you want to achieve.

Go for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment